If you are looking at how to buy a cheap diamond ring without having to pay through your nose, there are certain ways to go about it. But first you have to know real diamonds do not come cheap and you can only get your diamond ring relatively cheaper than what you normally would have paid.
Here is a list of where to buy, what to buy , what to avoid and how to buy a cheap diamond ring.
- Buying diamonds online is perhaps the cheapest and most reliable option when it comes to buying a cheap diamond ring. Diamonds being sold online are very competitively priced since it entails no additional costs which a local jewelry shop would incur. Also there are no additional taxes to pay when you buy from a different State. You also pay by your credit card so there is the added security against fraud. However always check for guarantees and return policy.
- If you do have some knowledge about diamonds check in pawn shops or thrift shops, whenever you have time, for cheap diamond rings. This is not a guaranteed option as you search will turn up empty many a times but with luck sometimes you could end up getting a very good deal and pay only a small fraction of what the diamond ring is worth.
- A reliable approach on how to buy a cheap diamond ring is to buy loose diamonds and get it set on a ring of your choice. There are two reasons as to why it is cheaper. Firstly, a diamond that is already set cost more that a loose diamond because many times it includes free services, warranties, gift boxing etc. Secondly if you can buy from dealer or whole seller instead of a retail jeweler you can get it much cheaper as you will be avoiding the usual high markups that retailers place on their diamonds.
- A significant cost can come from the ring metal, therefore choosing a cheaper alternative can get you significant savings. For example instead of platinum choose white gold and instead of a 15K choose a 14K if you want to go for even a cheaper option choose sliver instead of white gold.
- With out discernable reduction in its apparent quality you can buy a cheap diamond ring if you do apply the following steps in the 4Cs of a diamond. Like buying an eye-clear Clarity grade diamond, downgrading a step or two in the color grade and buying shy of a full or exact half of a Carat. Also buying a different cut for example buying a Princess Cut diamond instead of a Round Brilliant Cut diamond of the same carat as the Princess Cut appears much larger.
- Another good option when you are looking at how to buy a cheap diamond ring is to go for treated diamonds. These treated diamonds have defects that are corrected using irradiation, laser drilling to remove inclusion, filling imperfections etc. They are generally much cheaper even though they have only apparent high quality appearances. It is impossible for untrained and unaided eyes to discern them. Therefore they make excellent option for cheap diamond rings.
One last word of warning though, if you are looking how to buy a cheap diamond ring be wary of scammers that are abound in plenty baiting you with cheap offers. Just be knowledgeable about diamonds and always verify before you buy.